Faster quotes. Smarter workflow.
- Southwire Configurator Plus
- Contractors, distributors, agents, engineers
- Desktop, laptop, tablet
- iOS, Android
Expand the audience. Deliver quotes. Keep it simple.
Our team built integrated design and development processes around:
Solely on the iPad platform, the growth opportunity for the existing application was limited.
Users previously misused the app as a management tool rather than a quotation tool.
Quote turnaround needed a boost, and excess back-and-forth with sales reps was holding up delivery.
To accept and integrate a digital experience, these users would demand immediate, tangible value and simplicity.
New, optimized features were in demand, and existing features required a full audit.
From baby boomer industry vets to millenial early adopters, we had to satisfy a spectrum of workflow styles and pain points.
There was no insight into success metrics or means to follow up on app-generated leads.
Transforming a project into an experience.
- Audit current barriers through immersive industry learning and onsite exploration.
- Collaborate with Southwire to optimize features and enhancements.
- Lead with realistic and honest expectations.
- Provide resource flexibility and range in order to deliver on-budget, on-time.
- Leverage automated QA to truncate regression timelines and better streamline iteration.
- Integrate Google analytics tactics to display usage/utility and inform future development.
- Connect registration to Salesforce to aid in lead follow-up.
Doubling growth, inspiring conversation.
*Compared to 232 users within the first year of the previous Configurator app for iPad.
- Access to a downloadable template that prevents duplication of feeder schedules during input
- Less time needed for training on the new version because the flow is intuitive and friendly
- Great functionality on all applicable devices (desktop, laptop, tablet)
- Contractor-friendly features
- Simplicity and versatility to seamlessly satisfy a range of needs
New demand on the horizon.
The data, analytics, and real-time reporting implemented for Configurator Plus provide insights and learnings that can influence future iterations, feature optimization, and new offerings altogether.
According to Russ King of Southwire, “The user feedback–on all devices–has been phenomenal. We see real potential for more iterations and other uses in the future.”
A new generation of contractors, agents, engineers, and distributors demands new and improved experiences. The desire for more streamlined workflows and automation is tangible, and we couldn’t be more excited about building the future with our partners and friends at Southwire.